Kurs Advanced Parallel Sysplex Operations and Recovery Workshop (ES90G)
This course describes advanced operator actions to implement new policies, coupling facilities, structures and sysplex related operational enhancements. It diagnoses problems and demonstrates recovery techniques in these areas. These include:- Identifying HMC problems and recovery, including IPL problems during system and sysplex activation- Recovery with and without SFM policies- Couple data set failures- CF and CF structure failuresLabs are provided to submit jobs to format CDS, define policies, start and verify that they are working as desired, identify any policy change pending conditions and correct as needed. Labs take students through the required steps to implement ECS, GRS star, JES checkpoint, Operlog, Logrec, and SM duplexing on the CF. Students will also identify potential problems during the implementation process, identify various CDS and other sysplex related problems. Students will remove a CF from the sysplex as in the case of required maintenance to a CF; add a new CF to the sysplex and perform system and CF failure and recovery scenarios.If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course./terms
Alle IBM Trainings werden mit Original IBM Schulungsunterlagen angeboten und finden in Kooperation mit dem von Arrow ECS autorisierten IBM Schulungspartner esciris statt.Termin buchen
- Use HMC classic or tree UI, create HMC groups, load profiles, and
- provide tips and recommendations for HMC use
- Initialize sysplex system images and identify problems reported via system consoles and the HMC
- Identify sysplex components, define resource and data sharing differences in relation to recovery options, discuss various configurations and system duplexing
- Perform related display commands to identify sysplex status and recovery actions for IPL problems during system activation
- Manage couple data sets, format CDS, define policies, and start and verify they are working as desired
- Implement configurations supporting GRS STAR, JES checkpoint, and ECS using structures in the CF
- Identify couple data set failures, CF and CF structure failures
- Identify policy change pending conditions and correct as necessary
- Remove a CF from the sysplex as in the case of required maintenance to a CF
- Identify and correct problems during structure rebuild process such as insufficient storage in the CF
- Add a new System z CF to the sysplex dynamically using a sysplex wide dynamic activation with Hardware Configuration Definition (HCD) facility
- Perform recovery procedures with and without SFM policies
- Define Server Time Protocol implementation, terminology, and supporting
This course is for operations personnel, tech support staff, and system programmers who are directly involved in the operation, system support, and software support of their Parallel Sysplex environment.
You should have:- experience with the HMC and the Parallel Sysplex environment- attended some previous sysplex class. Any one of the following Parallel Sysplex courses will provide the needed skill: Parallel Sysplex Implementation Workshop (ES42G) or (ES73G).
Dauer und Zeiten
Kurspreis für offene Schulungen
3400,00 € zzgl. 19% MwSt. (4046,00 € inkl. 19% MwSt.)
Das Training findet auf Deutsch statt.